This Advertisement published in Deccan Chronicle Newspaper in Hyderabad Edition.
Date of Publishing: 14-6-2017
Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight Ad
Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
A step towards making health a mass awareness movement
Key actions when child gets Diarrhoea
- Dissolve 1 big packet of ORS in 1 litre of clean drinking water in a clean vessel
- Give 50-100 ml spoon frequently, especially after every motion.
- Give one Zinc tablet dissolved in 1 spoon of water or mother’s milk for 14 days even if Diarrhea stops.
- Continue breastfeeding during and after Diarrhea along with other dietary supplements. Breastfeed more during and after illness.
Prevention of Diarrhea in children
- Before cooking, feeding food and after cleaning child’s stool/ toilet use, wash hands properly with soap.
- Dispose off child’s stool quickly and safely. Use latrines and maintain personal hygiene
Contact ASHA for free supply of ORS & Zinc tablets
- Use ORS solution within 24 hours of preparation
- From birth till 6 months child should be given only mother’s milk
- ORS and Zinc work better together and are more effective.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Government of India