This Advertisement published in Deccan Chronicle Newspaper in Hyderabad Edition.
Date of Publishing: 15-6-2017
Department Of Empowerment Of Persons With Disabilities Divyangjan Ad
For Empowering the persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 has come into force from 19th April, 2017
The Central Rules under the Act have been notified on 15th June, 2017
Highlights of the Act:
- Types of disabilities increased from existing 7 to 21.
- Reservation in government jobs increased from 3% to 4%.
- To strengthen Prime Minister’s Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan (Accessible India Campaign), provisions for Accessibility in public buildings (Government & Private), Transportation and Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Right to free education for every child (6 to 18 years of age) with benchmark disability.
- 5% reservation in Government higher educational institutions and higher educational institutions receiving aid from the Government.
- Penal provisions for violation of the provisions of the Act.
To take everyone along, to make everyone self-reliant..
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Government of India.
Accessible India Campaign